Call for Associate Editors
H2Open Journal will receive its first Impact Factor in 2023 and has a CiteScore of 1.9. It publishes original, peer-reviewed, internationally relevant articles covering all aspects of 21st century water research: fundamental science, application of science and technology and impact of societal and political and economic factors. H2Open Journal is fully open access. See the Aims and Scope here: https://iwaponline.com/h2open/pages/Aims_and_Scope
The Associate Editors use our online peer-review system, Editorial Manager, to progress submissions by selecting reviewers and informing authors of editorial and publishing decisions. In addition, they contribute to policy decisions regarding the future direction of the journal, help acquire new material and encourage high-quality submissions.
Applicants should have:
- An interest in developments with an international scope;
- Great organisation, time management and communication skills;
- A dedication to the role of Associate Editor and the time commitment it entails; and
- An established record of work and scholarship in relevant scientific field(s); expertise in the following fields are particularly sought:
- Nutrient recovery and reuse
- Water Sensitive Cities/Circular Economy
- Social, political and economic impacts on water
Other qualities that are desirable:
- Existing editorial experience, particularly with online peer-review systems;
- Previous service and contribution to H2Open Journal, i.e. being an author or reviewer;
- Membership to the International Water Association (IWA); and
- Association or institutional awards.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, expressing your suitability for the role and your vision for the journal, to the Editors-in-Chief: email@example.com
Deadline: 30th November 2022
About IWA Publishing
IWA Publishing is part of the International Water Association and leading global publisher of water, wastewater and environmental publications. IWA Publishing spreads knowledge about our most valuable resource, water, helping to improve global health and well-being. We publish a portfolio of 15 peer reviewed journals and 800 books, along with other information resources.www.iwapublishing.com
IWA Publishing is committed to improving diversity and inclusion efforts across our company, community, research and publications. As an international publisher, we recognise the impact we can make by enhancing diversity and inclusion in our publications across gender, race and ethnicity, and geography. We are proud to play an active role in promoting and celebrating equity, diversity and inclusion throughout our global community, our publications and other activities.