Hydrology Research - Special Issue Guidelines
WHAT IS A SPECIAL ISSUE IN HYDROLOGY RESEARCH?
A Special Issue in Hydrology Research brings together recent state-of-the-art research innovations in hydrology around an important and specific topic. Examples include contributions to a special session in a national or international conference on hydrology, scientific advances resulting from major projects in hydrology, synthesis of the latest knowledge on a broad theme directly related to hydrology, research breakthroughs on specific subjects.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF GUEST EDITING A SPECIAL ISSUE?
OPEN ACCESS: Guest Editors will receive
EITHER 2 Open Access waivers to give to authors of their choice
OR All authors invited by the Guest Editors will receive a 10% discount on the journal’s Article Processing Charge
VISIBILITY: The Special Issue will have a dedicated page on the IWA Publishing website (iwaponline.com), where papers will be published immediately upon acceptance.
In addition, the Special Issue will also be published as part of our In Focus – Special Books Series. The Special Issue will be available as both a journal issue and a book, reaching the widest possible audience. Our dedicated marketing team will ensure extra visibility for your topic and associated publications.
EFFICIENCY: Papers for the Special Issue are peer reviewed using the Editorial Manager peer review system, with access to the journal’s large pool of reviewers.
SUPPORT: You will have the support of the IWA Publishing Journal Office team throughout the process.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR A SPECIAL ISSUE?
Special Issues are edited by a group of two to five high level scientists as Guest Editors. The first step of the process, is for the Special Issue Proposer to complete the IWA Publishing Special Issue Proposal Form which can be requested from and submitted to the Editorial Office. The names, affiliations, short CVs, links to personal web pages and ORCID numbers of all Guest Editors will be requested in the proposal form. The Guest Editors are responsible for:
- Writing a concise description of the Special Issue, which can be used to advertise the issue (approximately 250 words).
- Suggesting at least 10 authors or a list of planned manuscripts who can be invited to submit a paper for the issue.
- Overseeing the peer review of the papers for the Special Issue using the Editorial Manager peer review system.
- Writing an Editorial to bring together the theme of the Special Issue once the peer review process has concluded.
Upon receiving a Special Issue proposal from the proposed Guest editors, the Special Issue Editor and Editor in Chief decide upon the receivability of the Special Issue theme, provide feedback on the topic and delegate an Editor who will be responsible to overview the process.
IWA Publishing will
- Advertise the Special Issue widely, to ensure the maximum number of quality submissions
- Use our databases to find potential authors, to add to the list of authors suggested by the Guest Editors.
- Support the Guest Editors during the peer review process.
- Publish papers online immediately upon publication, in a dedicated Special Issue area.
- Publish the finalised Special Issue as part of the In Focus – Special Books Series, with a tailored marketing campaign.