Water Reuse Special Issue on:
Novel Bioprocesses and Technologies for Water and Wastewater Treatment
CALL FOR PAPERS
Wastewater from various industrial streams encompasses a considerable amount of nutrients and organics. These can be used by different biocatalysts under regulated environmental conditions for the production of energy and non-energy products, such as food biopolymers, proteins, pigments, platform chemicals, fatty acids and biofertilizers. Further, biomining of metals from industrial wastewater or electronic wastes provides an opportunity to preserve the depleting natural resources. The recovery, conversion and re-introduction of valuable materials into the supply chain will contribute to sustainable consumption patterns and eventually, a global circular economy.
Novel materials have been widely reported to bring remarkable discovery in water and wastewater treatment. One of the most successful examples in recovering fresh water from the sea/ocean is the membrane technology for desalination. New membrane materials have been continuously invented throughout decades to improve salt rejection and water permeability, which finally enabled commercialization of large production desalination plant. Another prominent example is the discovery of titanium dioxide as a photocatalyst to degrade invisible, yet hazardous, pollutants.
This Special Issue aims to highlight novel bioprocesses and technologies for enhanced recovery of value-added products from wastewater.
We are pleased to invite you to submit a manuscript to Water Reuse for peer review and possible publication in a Special Issue entitled Novel Bioprocesses and Technologies for Water and Wastewater Treatment.
Relevant topics include:
- New materials for membrane synthesis and preparation for water & wastewater treatment.
- New material in water and wastewater treatment to improve the performance of conventional technologies.
- Other novel discoveries that relate to novel materials for water and wastewater treatment.
- Novel bioprocessing methodologies-based water and wastewater remediation for sustainable energy management.
- Evaluation of water different treatment processes for low cost agro industrial materials.
- Application and mechanism of sludge based activated carbon for phenol and cyanide removal from bio treated effluent of coking wastewater.
- Recent advancements and the utilization of hybrid materials for wastewater treatment.
- Developments in organic-inorganic, organic-organic or inorganic-inorganic hybrid materials for wastewater treatment.
- Physically blended materials for wastewater treatment.
- Polymer or biological composites as adsorbents for wastewater treatment.
- Flocculation of wastewater using composites or hybrid materials.
- Polymer membrane separation technologies in wastewater.
- Ion exchange and carbon composites for wastewater treatment technologies.
Deadline for manuscript submission: Feb 28th, 2024
Expected publication: Articles will be published online as soon as possible after acceptance.
Dr. Zaira Zaman Chowdhury, University of Malaya, Malaysia.
Prof. Say-Leong ONG, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
Dr. Jiangyong Hu, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
How to submit:
Please make sure that your paper follows the Instructions to Authors of the journal, before submitting your paper directly to Water Reuse’s peer review system. Then choose the article type – ‘Special Issue Article OA’ and the submission category – Special Issue: Novel Bioprocesses for WWT. This will send your paper to one of the Guest Editors.