Water Supply Special Issue on
Techniques for food-water-energy and ecosystem nexus modelling in drylands
CALL FOR PAPERS
Issues related to water supply are increasingly attracting the interest of scientists due to recent global challenges. These problems include the increasing demand for food, world population growth, rising food prices, the disappearance of the variety of agricultural plant species, the increase in areas suffering water scarcity and the reduction in available land. Furthermore, the effect of climate change and growing energy needs have pushed policymakers to find better ways to cope with drought and generating renewable energy.
Therefore, to achieve sustainable management of food production systems in dryland amongst these issues, it is necessary to provide a micro-scale framework of food-water-energy and ecosystem nexus. This structure must encompass goals, constraints, priorities, and temporal and spatial characteristics. Under this realistic background, the Special Issue (SI) is organized to provide a platform for knowledge sharing and scientific communication about the state-of-the-art theoretical analysis and applications of the hydrological process, ecological vulnerability and biodiversity security in food-water-energy and ecosystem nexus.
We are pleased to invite you to submit a manuscript to Water Supply for peer review and possible publication in a Special Issue entitled “Techniques for food-water-energy and ecosystem nexus modelling in drylands”.
Relevant topics include:
- Innovative technologies and practices related to the food-water-energy nexus;
- Risk-based decision-making systems for food security of global dryland;
- Emerging food-water-energy nexus in sustainable ecosystem management;
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning in food-water-energy nexus;
- Monitoring, modelling and control for effective process management;
- Dynamics of global dryland expansion (statistical analysis and multivariate probabilistic modelling);
- Spatiotemporal behaviors and patterns of dryland expansion;
- Simulating the global warming and anthropogenic activities in food-water-energy nexus;
- Soil erosion process, hydrological process, ecological vulnerability and biodiversity security in food-water-energy nexus.
Deadline for manuscript submission: June 30st, 2023
Expected publication: Articles will be published online as soon as possible after acceptance.
Reza Lalehzari, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China.
Hongming He, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China.
How to submit:
Please make sure that your paper follows the Instructions to Authors of the journal, before submitting your paper directly to Water Supply’s peer review system. Then choose the article type – ‘Special Issue Article OA’ and the submission category – ‘Special Issue: Food-water-energy and ecosystem nexus’. This will send your paper to one of the Guest Editors.