Water Science and Technology and Water Supply Special Issue on
Water and Wastewater Disinfection: Addressing Emerging Challenges
CALL FOR PAPERS
Water and wastewater disinfection is increasingly attracting the interest of scientists due to the challenges related to the inactivation of resistant pathogens, the control of antibiotic resistance (AR) and the formation of toxic disinfection by-products (DBPs). The concern related to the effect on humans and the environment of pathogens, AR determinants and toxic DBPs, has pushed policy makers to establish increasingly stringent regulations (such as the recently approved EU regulation on wastewater reuse) which call for new, more sustainable and effective disinfection processes. The Special Issue is proposed in the framework of the 3rd IWA Disinfection and Disinfection By-Products (IWA DDBPs 2022) conference, that will be held from June 27th to July 1st, 2022 in Milan, Italy. Research and review papers dealing with challenges in water and wastewater disinfection are welcome even from authors not attending the conference.
We are pleased to invite you to submit a manuscript to Water Supply for peer review and possible publication in a Special Issue entitled Water and Wastewater Disinfection: Addressing Emerging Challenges.
Relevant topics include:
- Innovative technologies and practices related to water, wastewater and sludge disinfection;
- Emerging pathogens and disinfection by-products, antimicrobial resistance;
- Biostability control in drinking water and wastewater reuse;
- Formation, fate and control of disinfection by-products;
- Monitoring, modelling and control for effective process management and optimization;
- Risk-based approaches for ecosystem quality and human health preservation;
- Nature-based and low-intensity solutions for water and wastewater disinfection;
- Water safe management in developing countries.
Please note, papers on water supply issues will need to be submitted to Water Supply whereas papers on wastewater issues should be submitted to Water Science and Technology.
Deadline for manuscript submission: July 31st, 2022
Expected publication: December, 2022
Luigi Rizzo, University of Salerno, Italy
Manuela Antonelli, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Andrea Turolla, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
How to submit:
Please make sure that your paper follows the Instructions to Authors of the journal, before submitting your paper directly to Water Supply’s peer review system. Then choose the article type – ‘Special Issue Article OA’ and the submission category – ‘Special Issue: DDBP2022’. This will send your paper to one of the Guest Editors.