Water Science and Technology is IWA Publishing’s Flagship journal with a long history in publishing quality peer reviewed papers on all aspects of the science and technology of wastewater and stormwater management worldwide. Water Science and Technology is now Open Access and offers fast publication for new findings and research directions, Papers describing progress in full-scale implementations are particularly encouraged. Water Science and Technology also has strong links to the International Water Association’s Specialist Groups and Conferences.
The scope of the journal includes but is not limited to:
- Treatment processes for wastewater (biological, industrial, physico-chemical)
- Resource recovery and residuals management
- Modelling, systems analysis, machine learning and smart water controls
- Anaerobic digestion, solid and hazardous waste management, including source characterization and the effects and control of leachates and gaseous emissions
- Environmental Impacts, including sources of pollution, hazardous wastes, source control and remediation for non-potable water reuse
- Urban Drainage including sewer systems, stormwater management, and municipal effluents; Contaminants (chemical, microbial, nanoparticles or microplastics)
- Socio-economic policy, strategy and control and management within wastewater treatment plants.
Please note that WST does not consider papers on groundwater quality, groundwater remediation for water supply or drinking water research of any kind. Papers submitted relating to these topics will be rejected without review by the Editorial Office, as they are out of scope.
Water Science and Technology is published semi-monthly as 24 issues per year, and is printed 8 times per year as part of two volumes.