Water Science & Technology Special Issue on
Advanced Nanomaterials for Treatment of Wastewater
CALL FOR PAPERS
Rapid urbanization and population growth creates additional demand for water, especially in developing countries. Uneven distribution of rainfall caused by climate change creates a lot of stress on water resources. It may be found that even small improvements in the management and consumption of resources could make considerable savings in the future. It has been estimated that globally, over one billion people do not have access to safe drinking water. Meanwhile, pollutants have continually contaminated the available water sources, largely due to industrialization. Different treatment procedures have been employed to remove the pollutants from water/wastewater streams such as ion exchange, adsorption, coagulation, flotation, biodegradation and phytoremediation, membrane filtration, chemical precipitation, solvent extraction, and electrochemical technology. All these conventional and non-conventional treatment technologies are employing advanced nanomaterials to enhance the pollutant removal process. This Special Issue Call for Papers highlights the application of different nanomaterials used for the treatment of wastewater. This will focus on current advancements in metal oxide nanoparticles, zero-valent metal nanoparticles, nanocomposites, carbon nanotubes, and many other forms of nanomaterials for the treatment of wastewater.
The thematic issue will focus on but is not limited to the following interesting and significant topics:
- Advanced nanomaterials in adsorption, biological and oxidation processes for the treatment of wastewater.
- Nanohybrid photocatalysts for treatment of wastewater.
- Porous Based Nano Graphene, Activated Carbon, Other Carbon Materials.
- Nanoporous Polymers and Advancement of Membranes for treatment of wastewater.
- Functionalized nanomaterial photocatalysis system for removal of water pollutants.
- Mechanism studies of advanced nanomaterial on water chemistry and wastewater properties for ion removal.
- Core-shell based nanomaterials for wastewater purification.
- Optimization, modelling and economic analysis of treatment technologies using advanced nanomaterials.
Submissions open: 1st January 2023
Submission deadline: 31st December 2023
Expected publication: Papers will be published online as soon as possible after acceptance.
Dr. Deepanraj Balakrishnan, Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University, Saudi Arabia
Dr. Feroz Shaik, Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University, Saudi Arabia
Dr. Pau Loke Show, University of Nottingham Malaysia, Malaysia
Dr. Kuan Shiong Khoo, Yuan Ze University, Taiwan
Please make sure that your paper follows the Instructions to Authors of the journal, before submitting your paper directly to Water Science & Technology’s peer review system. Then choose the article type – ‘Special Issue Article OA’ and the submission category – Special Issue: Nanomaterials for Wastewater. This will send your paper to one of the Guest Editors.
Please note that a maximum of only two submissions allowed per author including all first, corresponding or co-authors.