Water Science and Technology Special Issue on
Recent advances in pollution control by treatment wetlands
CALL FOR PAPERS
WETPOL is an international symposium bringing together wetland scientists, engineers, and practitioners working on wetland ecosystem services, including water quality improvement, climate regulation, and flood control. The aims of WETPOL 2021 are to improve our understanding of the role of wetlands in processing nutrients and contaminants, and to discuss and demonstrate how restored and constructed wetlands can contribute to ensure sustainable water management and resource recovery while mitigating the impacts of global climate change in the future. The Special Issue will invite articles addressing recent advances in pollution control by treatment wetlands.
We are now happy to invite you to submit a manuscript to the journal of Water Science & Technology for peer review and possible publication in a special issue on "Recent advances in pollution control by treatment wetlands".
Everybody is invited to submit a paper, especially all participants of the WETPOL2021 conference.
Relevant topics include:
- The role of wetlands in pollutant management at the catchment scale
- Behaviour of priority and emerging pollutants
- Molecular and microbial advances related to pollutant fate, disposal and removal in treatment wetlands
- Advancement in modelling of treatment wetlands and the need of further development
- Increase process understanding for treatment wetland types, e.g. Evaporative willow systems, Sludge treatment wetlands, Intensified wetlands, Microbial electrochemical wetlands
- Role and functioning of wetlands and other nature-based solutions in urban settings
- WETPOL2021 conference: September, 13st-17th, 2021
- Deadline for manuscript submission: March 31st 2022
- Expected publication: Published online as soon as possible after acceptance.
- Bernhard Pucher, BOKU University Vienna, Austria.
- Guenter Langergraber, BOKU University Vienna, Austria.
How to submit:
Please make sure that your paper follows the Instructions to Authors, before submitting your paper directly to Water Science and Technology’s peer review system. Then choose the article type – ‘Special Issue Article OA’ and the submission category – ‘Special Issue: WETPOL2021’. This will send your paper to one of the Guest Editors.