Water Science and Technology Special Issue on
Water Resource Recovery Modelling
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 7th Water Resource Recovery Modelling 2021 Seminar (WRRmod2021; previously the WWTmod series) will be held in Arosa, Switzerland, from August 21 to 25. The WRRmod2021 conference is organised by Eawag, affiliated with IWA and endorsed by WEF. The WRRmod series is designed to share and discuss cutting-edge advances and innovative practices in the modelling of Water Resource Recovery Facilities (WRRF). The seminar offers a unique opportunity for practitioners, utilities, engineers, and researchers to get together and critically discuss pioneering modelling concepts and practices.
We are now happy to invite you to submit a manuscript to the journal of Water Science & Technology for peer review and possible publication in a special issue on “Water Resource Recovery Modelling”.
Everybody is invited to submit a paper, especially all participants of the WRRmod2021 conference.
Relevant topics include:
- Models for treatment, resource recovery, and biosolids management
- Greenhouse gas emissions and climate impact
- Models for plant optimization (effluent quality, energy, chemical dosage)
- Model calibration and validation
- Integrating data into modelling practice (data-driven models)
- Combined models (biological, energy, and hydrodynamic)
- Integrated modelling (from sewer to lake/river/sea/aquifer)
- Process design, operation, and control
- Cost, risk, and benefit management
- WRRmod2021 conference: August, 21st-25th, 2021
- Deadline for manuscript submission: January 10th 2022
- Expected publication: March 2022.
- Nicolas Derlon, Eawag, Switzerland
- Kris Villez, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- Heather Stewart, Jacobs, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Arifur Rahman, Jacobs, Dallas, TX, USA
How to submit:
Please make sure that your paper follows the Instructions to Authors, before submitting your paper directly to Water Science and Technology’s peer review system: http://www.editorialmanager.com/wst/default.aspx choosing the article type – ‘Special Issue Article OA’ and the submission category – ‘Special Issue: WRRmod2021’. This will send your paper to one of the Guest Editors.